This weekend was incredibly productive. Generally I get a lot done, but I get more sleep than anything else. This weekend I cut it down to one nap, and lots of other things such as cleaning out my refrigerator (gross), cleaning my kitchen, tons of laundry, and two batches of cupcakes that make me very happy. Thought I'd share a few of these happy things with you, because honestly, life has NOT been super happy lately, but I want to focus on the happy things. So here we are. In no specific order, here is my weekend in photographs.
1. These are some ridiculously beautiful flowers that I bought for myself. Sometimes a girls gotta take care of herself.
2. Chocolate Stout. Do I really need to say more?
3. Cupcake making central. Sugar, mixer, bowl, my cupcake paper collection, and please, do not judge based on the wallpaper. It came with the house, and we haven't gotten to take it down yet.
4. I made two batches of cupcakes. Here is the first batch- brown sugar cupcakes that will soon be cored and stuffed with cookie dough and topped with brown sugar frosting.
5. I made my own vanilla! A lot! The larger bottle is vodka and vanilla beans, the second bottle is rum and vanilla beans. They've been simmering in my pantry for months, so they are amazing to use.
6. A closer look at my cupcake paper collection. I love all the fun colors!
7. I'm a messy baker. It's true. Oh cocoa, couldn't just stay in the bowl could you?
8. Batch two! Peanut butter cupcakes, waiting to get topped with dark chocolate fudge frosting and mini peanut butter cups.
9. When you core cupcakes you are left with cupcake innards. These little cups are cupcake parfaits. So good.
11. Parfait two.
12. The final result. Pretty cute eh?
Now if you are drooling, and want to make these cupcakes, I got them from my sister's food blog. Here are the links to these recipes: Mini Peanut Butter Cupcakes and Mini Cookie Dough Cupcakes. Check them out, bake them for those you love, or even for those you don't love. You will make friends. I promise.